Reply To: Long Distance Pair Bonding

Synergy Explorers Forums Forum Long Distance Pair Bonding Reply To: Long Distance Pair Bonding

AuMiRa
Participant

Due to Coronavirus, I’m in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend of 7 months.

We’ve seen each other once since early to mid March. About 8 hour drive away. I’ll be making my way up to her soon.

So with that context, pair bonding?.. Obviously you’re not going to get cuddles, but there are good instances to cultivate the feelings of love.

I don’t purposely try to do anything, but they’re have been spontaneous moments through text where I’ve expressed my love to her, and we talked some things through, became closer for it, and there is a real palpable connection I feel to her that I know she feels with me in those moments that bonds us closer.
<p style=”text-align: center;”>It’s like a softening of the heart, body and mind and there’s a sexual component with it. My girlfriend, in one of these moments, called it ‘cuddle horny’. I thought it was kind of funny.</p>

So… I’m not purposely trying to cultivate pair bonding per se, but it happens, and can happen. Obviously, touch is a great force which can’t be utilized in a long distance relationship, so one of the main tools is out of commission, but you still have the power of words of affection; of vulnerability. Openings and pouring in of love and bonds know no limitations in space, and when you feel that palpable love through a text, and you have that absolute intuitive knowing that she feels the same way, it’s like hearts are connecting together no matter how great the distance.

<p style=”text-align: center;”>So it’s possible. It can work.</p>