Long Distance Pair Bonding

Synergy Explorers Forums Forum Long Distance Pair Bonding

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Lee
      Participant

Has anyone entered a new long distance relationship and tried to cultivate pair bonding that way?

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Lee.
      Quietthoughts
      Keymaster

No, but it sounds like a good way to slow things down at the beginning.

AuMiRa
      Participant

Due to Coronavirus, I’m in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend of 7 months.

We’ve seen each other once since early to mid March. About 8 hour drive away. I’ll be making my way up to her soon.

So with that context, pair bonding?.. Obviously you’re not going to get cuddles, but there are good instances to cultivate the feelings of love.

I don’t purposely try to do anything, but they’re have been spontaneous moments through text where I’ve expressed my love to her, and we talked some things through, became closer for it, and there is a real palpable connection I feel to her that I know she feels with me in those moments that bonds us closer.
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>It’s like a softening of the heart, body and mind and there’s a sexual component with it. My girlfriend, in one of these moments, called it ‘cuddle horny’. I thought it was kind of funny.</p>

So… I’m not purposely trying to cultivate pair bonding per se, but it happens, and can happen. Obviously, touch is a great force which can’t be utilized in a long distance relationship, so one of the main tools is out of commission, but you still have the power of words of affection; of vulnerability. Openings and pouring in of love and bonds know no limitations in space, and when you feel that palpable love through a text, and you have that absolute intuitive knowing that she feels the same way, it’s like hearts are connecting together no matter how great the distance.

<p style=”text-align: center;”>So it’s possible. It can work.</p>

Floating
        Participant

It would be good if it works for you.

Quietthoughts
      Keymaster

That’s a beautiful post. I once read that pair-bonding prairie voles can bond even if they are in separate cages.

On another subject, we’re still ironing the glitches out of the new forum. Do you see weird HTML formatting in your post – in 2 places? This is the second post where this has happened, and we’re trying to figure out what causes it.

Do you know of anything you tried to do formatting-wise that might account for this? If so, it might help us find what’s broken.

Thanks for any clues you can offer.

AuMiRa
      Participant

Yeah sure.
      I was on my phone and it had the option to center my text.
      I did that for the very last line of the post.
      It looked alright in the preview window, but the output turns out funky like it does in the post.

Quietthoughts
      Keymaster

Thanks. I’ll pass that along to the webmaster team.

MM
      Participant

I love the idea of pair bonding at a distance. I notice when I have been away from my husband for a day or two that I still feel bonded to him and feel the love via text or a phone call. We haven’t been apart for more than a few days at a time so I don’t know how it would be for a longer period- if the connection somehow fades over time. I suspect thinking loving thoughts and reinforcing those will help keep the bonds strong. I hope so especially for all those pushed apart by the lockdown.

Lee
      Participant

Strangely enough it worked for me and my new lover. We spent two weeks having phone conversations before actually meeting. She lived 2500 miles away. We met on a spiritual dating site. The incredible thing was I introduced her to the idea of bonding right from the start. Since we couldn’t actually see each other or touch, we avoided a lot of pre-judgements of one another and actually spent time communicating and expressing our thoughts and feelings with one another openly. By the time we actually met, we felt so incredibly bonded and our initial lovemaking was soft and tender. It’s been an awesome experience. I feel that it has established a strong foundation for a long term relationship.

Quietthoughts
      Keymaster

That’s inspiring. Seems like a slow start may help send a subconscious signal that the union has long-term potential, rather than being more casual.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.