Sacred Sexuality or Divine Lovemaking?

Synergy Explorers Forums Forum Sacred Sexuality or Divine Lovemaking?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      AL Charis
      Participant

Love is central. Love truly is all. The body loving, the heart loving and the soul filled with the All That Is. This is what we each bring to our lover’s embrace, including the embrace we give ourselves. How big, how grand are we humans, truly? Are we insignificant specks of accidental protoplasm? Or is it possible that we have within us the entire Universe, the vast infinite energies of life, love and light? Could it be possible that within myself I have all that I have ever needed or will ever need? When I come together with another human, what all and how much do I bring with me to the encounter?

Yes of course, I bring the current reverberations of all the disappointments, betrayals, traumas, heart breaks, programming and more. But on the up-side, although all of it is up, or can be if we choose, what is the magnitude of my “self/Self”? Is there a limit to my compassion? Is there a limit to my love? Is there a limit to my passion? Is there a limit to the tenderness, grace, thoughtfulness, gentleness, acceptance, patience, openness, forgiveness, gratitude, appreciation, awe, honoring and respect that I can bring to this moment, these moments, this relationship? What if we are unlimited in who we are, unlimited in our being-ness, unlimited in time, space or dimension?

Perhaps, we have shortchanged ourselves as humans in the past, caught in grasping, frightened, cynical, competitive, controlling maneuvers convinced that the best that can be expected is a weary resignation to coexist. Have we assumed that the love we crave, that we long for, as well as the pleasure, the appreciation, acceptance, honoring, the seeing and knowing of who we are, can only be answered from the outside? Perhaps, we need to review Yeshua’s (Jesus’s) phrase “love thy neighbor as thyself.” The assumption in this statement is that I do love myself. Is this true? If I can say, “yes, I do love myself,” this leads to the follow-up question “what is the quality of my love for myself?”

Do I find myself putting me down, criticizing, judging myself as inadequate, too imperfect, too emotional, a crier, not emotional enough, unlikable, unlovable, unworthy, unattractive, too big, too thin, too tall, too short, etc. Is this self-love? I don’t think so. What would self-love look like? Would there be acceptance? Would there be patience? Would there be compassion, appreciation, honoring, forgiveness of self, celebrations of self and joy in being who I am? Perhaps a bit more like it. If I am mostly critic and judge to myself, would this not be reinforced by criticism I receive from others and likely show in my behavior toward them? Where is love in any of this, let alone sacredness?

Are we looking for sacred sexuality or for love that contains sexuality and sacredness? Any love that is conditional is not love. Love is only ever unconditional: no conditions, no merits, no strings.

Lee
      Participant

I feel the sacred approach is divine lovemaking. It comes from the heart of a lover for the beloved. What strengthens this fundamentally is an attitude of “service to others” rather than “service to self”. Perhaps there are levels of maturity that must be reached first. But what better way to begin such a trek than by devoting time to one person, nurturing them, connecting with them, serving them, spending time in pair bonding behavior. I feel that there is no better way to invest time and energy into a relationship than this. The benefits are incalculable.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.