The Touch Taboo

Synergy Explorers Forums Forum The Touch Taboo

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lee
      Participant

What are your thoughts about the current situation in the world today? It looks like a touch taboo is forming. I understand the need for social distancing, but I am noticing in a few of my friends that there is a level of paranoia now – and I wonder what sort of seeds are being planted in the collective psyche. Will we recover from this? The fear factor, due to the virus is causing such a huge disconnect between people. What can we do to keep bonding? It is wonderful to have a loving, intimate partner to sleep naked with, to touch and feel connected. This is even more important than ever. But for people without a partner, what can they do if they are not being touched, hugged or kissed?

Quietthoughts
      Keymaster

That’s a good question. I read a comment recently by someone who said, “The orgy is over.” I don’t know if it referred to wasting resources generally, or casual sexual behaviour or both, but it struck me.

Might the current fear of casual touch eventually lead people to prefer unions that build more slowly? Is so, that could be a good thing. STIs rose sharply over the last few years. The human race was experimenting with casual, even compulsive, sexual behavior. Maybe a course correction is underway.

Perhaps social distancing can help new potential lovers to get to know each other better before engaging in closer contact. Without lots of friend hugs, the hunger for real mates may also increase…at least in those who don’t get lost online.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.