Comment: Reduction in sexual activity in sexually-satiated rats was accompanied by reduction in androgen receptors. “48 h after sexual satiety 30% of the males displayed a single ejaculation and the remaining 70% showed a complete inhibition of sexual behavior.” 

Comment: 72 hours later, androgen receptors had returned to normal. Testosterone levels did not change during recovery. As full sexual potency takes 15 days to fully return in rats, other factors must be involved in sexual inhibition of sexual behavior for 15 days.